Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Wednesday, August 06, 2008

2100... Give or take a few...

2100. That's approximately the number of diapers I have kept from going into a landfill somewhere.

I have now been cloth diapering Nicholas for just over a year. Sometime at the end of July/beginning of August of last year was when I ordered my first diaper. Going by the estimation of six diapers a day (which is about how many times a diaper is changed), 365 days (a year, even though I've been doing it longer than that now), 2190 is the number my calculator pops up. That's a staggering number when you think about it, isn't it?

I rounded the number down to 2100 because there were the occasional days when I did happen to use a disposable diaper. We had a week long battle with runny poo that warranted using disposables. And when I leave him with someone to babysit, I always include a "sposie" or two in his diaper bag in case the thought of cloth makes them squeamish. Not to mention those times I didn't get the diaper laundry done in time for bedtime.

But for the most part, Nicholas' bum has been in cloth for the past year. I even managed to use them on our vacation in Florida this summer. Luckily, the condo we stayed in had a washer and dryer! I actually took along disposables because I figured I'd cave and prefer using them for convenience. But throughout that week, I can count on one hand the number of times I did use them. I honestly prefer cloth. It doesn't hurt that they make his little bum look so darn cute.

If I could go back in time, I would cloth diaper my girls. It actually makes me sad that I didn't get a chance to purchase some of those adorable girlie print diapers. And the thought of all the diapers I threw into a landfill somewhere makes me cringe. I've tried convincing my niece (who has a baby girl) to cloth diaper just so I can buy some girlie dipes! But so far, she's a no-go. I'll keep working on her though and maybe by baby #2, I'll have her addicted too.

Nicholas is actually my first kid that I am not looking forward to being potty trained!! How funny is that?!?! I am going to miss his cute fluffy bum. BUT, then again, the thought of the money I can make selling them (yes, there are sites completely devoted to that!)... that thought makes the prospect a little more enticing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home