Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Back to School!

Today was my oldest kiddo's first day of second grade! She has been soooooooo excited, waiting for this day to come. Her teacher this year is the one she told me she wanted... cute little thing! This is only her second year teaching but she seems to really have it all together. I am optimistic that she'll have a great year.

Here are a few pictures of my cutie pie this morning...

This is a picture of her opening a gift I got for her for the first day. Yesterday, we went shoe shopping. The one pair of shoes she wanted, I didn't think would match anything. So we ended up getting some pink ones instead. Got home and realized she has several outfits that would match the shoes she loved the most. So after she went to bed, I went back to Walmart and picked them up for her. Along with some Hannah Montana pencils. Put them in a gift bag, and voila, she had a surprise waiting for her this morning...
Photobucket

Next is a picture I will insist on taking every year... even though she complains. Notice she's holding up two fingers in this one.
Photobucket
Years from now, those two fingers will tell me that she was in second grade in this picture. Cute idea, eh? I got it from my wonderful mother in law. She did it with all her kids. We took one last year for first grade and I plan to take one every year till she graduates. Those last couple years, we'll have to get creative since she'll run out of fingers.

The next picture is a shot without all the bags... so I can see her first day outfit better. :) She took a great deal of time and thought putting her outfit together. How cute is she?
Photobucket

And finally, a picture on the front porch of our house.
Photobucket

Once all the pictures were taken, we only had a minute or two to wait until the big yellow bus came and she was off on her newest adventure....

Happy First Day of Second Grade sweetie... take your time growing up...

7 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

She looks very happy to be heading off to school. :-) Can you believe our 4/01 babes are 7 and in 2nd grade??

5:49 PM  
Blogger Ann(ie) said...

awwwww. What a good mama you are. I love the idea of a first day gift. She looks SO excited!!!!

3:46 PM  
Blogger Michael K. Althouse said...

Very nice. I just wrote a story for the small newspaper I (used to) work for about this very subject.

Michele sent me...

4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Precious! What a smile!

8:18 PM  
Blogger theaddict said...

wow she is so gorgeous. hi, I came here from michele's

9:52 PM  
Blogger carmilevy said...

Great idea to capture the day. I've been whipping out my camera on back-to-school day since they first started in school, and I now find myself looking back at those yearly series with bittersweet memories.

Bittersweet because, like you, I wish they'd take their time growing up. But I know they're not. It's happening too fast.

She'll cherish these when they're older, as she will a mom who took the time to record her journey so lovingly.

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My oldest baby girl just turned 7 and will be starting 2nd grade in a week! In fact, our girls have the same haircuts!! How exciting!!!

Jen
http://www.ListPlanIt.com

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home