Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thirteen Things About Jenna



Thirteen Things about Jenna


1. Goodness gracious, she is growing up so fast! She'll be 7 in April. She's currently begging me to get her ears pierced for her birthday. We're still debating that one.

2. She is doing a fantabulous job in first grade! She is already reading at almost a second grade level. I love to sit and listen to her. And she loves to write stories and lists and draw pictures. She realllllllllllllllly likes her teacher this year! And so do I!

3. Even though she's only (almost) 7, she is OBSESSED with High School Musical. Both the first one and the second. She thinks Gabriella is the coolest thing since sliced bread. Troy is ok but he's not her favorite. For Christmas, she got the HSM 2 DVD game. She makes me or Daddy play it with her at least a couple times a week. She's pretty darn good, but she doesn't always win...

4. She has the most giving heart. And the sweetest little smile with the most contagious giggle. And the cutest little face. And the most adorable personality. It always amazes me that I was given the privilege of being her mom.

5. I love to watch her play with her younger siblings. She ADORES Nicholas and can't get enough of lovin' on him. Of course, a 15 month old is a little hard to keep down but she's definitely gotten lots of snuggle time with him.

6. Of course, she does get annoyed at him (a little) sometimes when he gets into her things. I never fail to remind her during those times that she is the one who prayed for him.... lol.... I will be using that line a lot in the coming years I imagine. When she's 16, he'll be 10 1/2. I can already picture him hiding out and bugging her whenever a boy happens to come over.

7. She has a special kinship with her little sister. Some days, they can play for hours on end and never have any bickering. Other days, well... let's just say I've had to put them in separate rooms several times. But they're always back to playing with each other again before I know it. Watching them together makes my heart warm.

8. She's already got her own fashion sense. Gone are the days when I can go into Gymboree and get whatever I like for her to wear. She's had plenty of things that I thought were just adorable hang in her closet unworn. There is one pair of jeans (that I actually bought!) that she just loves. I have to limit the number of times she can wear them or she'd wear them every day!

9. She seems to think money grows on trees. Of course, so does every other child! LOL

10. A lot of people say she looks just like a mini me. Especially when I was younger. There is a picture that hangs at my parents' house of me and my siblings when I was younger. When J was about 2, I pointed to me in the picture and asked her who it was. "ME!" she replied!

11. She is also like me in the moodiness department. Even though I don't like to admit that one. But my sister enjoys pointing it out when J is in the middle of a "mood."

12. Because of this moodiness trait we share, some moments around here aren't so fun. I am already dreading those teenage years.... hopefully we'll both make it through unscathed.

13. And Finally. It took us three years to conceive Jenna. And I wouldn't trade a day of any of it. Because that would mean I wouldn't have her in my life. And I can't imagine my life without her.



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Youngest is 8 & my oldest is 17 (18 in about 10 days) so I can really commiserate with you on how quickly the time flies.
Sometimes it still seems like my 8 year old should still be a toddler!
#8 you're not alone on that one- they all do, & much sooner than poor old mom can keep up with!
Michele sent me to visit, remember my own kids at those fun ages & see your cute kids.

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My neice just turned 7 in September,and all she wanted for Christmas, or her birthday was everything High School Musical.

Your kids are adorable.

Great list!
Happy TT!

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog!! Cool list!! Google analytics is good, but one thing it doesn't do is ignore your own trafic.
Cheers!!

Noelle

http://lifes-adventures.net

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, she sounds wonderful. Lucky mommy!

Thanks for visiting my TT today!

Sleeping Mommy's TT

9:46 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

Michele sent me to see your cute children! My granddaughter (8) also loves high school musical, but she got it from her older sister (11).

9:58 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Hello Cathy with a C...! Michele sent me to read about your lovely daughter, Jenna. She sounds exactly like my just-turned-seven-on-Tuesday daughter, Hannah. And I see you live in the midwest...anywhere near Manhattan, KS? Because we could probably get your girls and my 2 (Hannah and 3-almost-4 Scotty) together to play, lol!

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i answered your question over at my place if you want to have a look.

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home