Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Preschool- Next Year

The preschool where my middle kid goes started up a PreK class this year. The director actually teaches it. They set the birthday deadline for enrollment at Dec 31. Her birthday is Dec 16 so she was eligible.

So... for the past couple months, I've been debating back and forth if I wanted to put Cass in the PreK or keep her in the regular 4/5 class. The preK meets 4 days a week as opposed to 3 days for the other. The MWF curriculum is the same as the 4/5's. But on the extra day, the teacher focuses on letters/sounds/kindergarten readiness. The PreK class is only offered in the morning. The regular class is offered morning and afternoon.

Registration for next year was on Monday. I called and signed C up for the PreK class... with a little uncertainty on whether or not I really wanted her in.

Well.... today, I changed my mind and ended up putting Cassidy back in the afternoon regular 4/5 class. Several factors went into making the decision...

1) Cost is $35 less. Not a huge amount but on a single income, it's over half of our phone bill.

2) The morning thing... getting all three kids up and ready to go by 8:20... didn't sound fun or easy. I know... I know, working moms do it all the time... but I don't work....

3) The things they do on the extra day that the PreK has, I can do myself. I taught for 10 years. Surely, I can teach the kid her letters, right?

4) Carpooling. We carpool now with a little boy in C's class. He is not eligible for the PreK class because of his birthday. So he'll be in the afternoon MWF class. Which means, we can still carpool

5) The pilates class I'm in goes until 11:15. Morning preschool would let out at 11:15. If I keep up with the pilates class, that won't jive.

6) I reallllllllly like the teacher I ended up requesting for the afternoon class.


So, anyways, I told the director my decision when I dropped Cass off today. They already have a waiting list for the PreK so it wasn't a big deal at all...

I think I made the right decision.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tiffany said...

Moms always know best :) OF course you made the right decision!

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im with Tiffany mum knows best, im with you on the morning thing . I hate leaving the house for any reason before lunch

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home