Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Here We Go Again

Back in the fall of 2005, I hit an epiphany about my weight/health. I'm not what you would consider extremely overweight but I am not in the best shape. I'm not an avid exerciser, healthy eater, water drinker, etc. But that fall, I was at my moms' group and heard a speaker. Her topic was keeping fit and healthy. One of her comments was about keeping yourself fit for your children, to set a good example for them and to be healthy so that you would increase your chances of being around for them for the long haul. Or something to that effect.

Anyways, that idea inspired me. And I began a lifestyle change. We bought a treadmill which I faithfully used, I watched what I ate, drank tons of water, and started a yoga class. Big changes for a former couch potato, chip-loving, cookie craving, momma.

By March of 06, I'd lost almost twenty pounds and my energy and fitness level were well on the way to being healthy. I was feeling good and everyone was noticing the changes. Then..... I got pregnant. With Nicholas. I continued to do yoga through my sixth month of pregnancy but sadly, all the other changes I'd made fell to the wayside.

Once Nicholas was born in Oct of 06, I gave myself a couple months to get back on the wagon. That couple of months has turned into 15. And I'm still trying to drag myself back to where I was when I got pregnant. Or at least somewhere close to that.

And so now here we are in a new year. And I think I'm ready. No, wait, I *am* ready to get back on the fitness and health kick. I weighed in this morning and I'm not too extremely pleased but at least I have a starting point. At the top of my blog, I've added a weight loss ticker. Currently, it's at 21 lbs to my goal weight. That's a pretty big goal but it's where I want to end up.

Wish me luck... I'm off to chug some water.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home