Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Saturday, January 05, 2008

Class Starts on Monday!

Yesterday, I called the local YMCA to get price quotes for joining. Then I got online and looked at the classes that were going to be offered. There was a Pilates Plus class that does Pilates mat work and some yoga exercises also. Joining the class as a non-member actually works out to be cheaper than joining the Y and then signing up for the class.

So, that's what I did. For $65, as a non-member, I go to class for the next seven weeks, three times a week. It works out to around $3 a class. I will have to pay a small childcare fee but that's not a big deal.

I took a private pilates/yoga class a couple years ago and loved it. But the instructor was a friend and I was pregnant so it was not the most strenuous class ever. That's not to say I didn't work hard and make progress though.

However, I just talked to another friend who has taken the class at the Y and she said it's reallllllllllllllllllly hard. So, now I'm a little bit nervous that I won't be able to keep up. I know when I started the class a couple years ago, I could barely do a sit-up. That is how out of shape I was. It wasn't long before I could do the sit-up and more.

I'm hoping that is what the class at the Y is like. I might suck the first week or two... but hopefully I can perservere and make progress throughout the seven weeks. Enough progress that I sign back up for seven more.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sherry said...

I am so excited for you. I remember when I took a Sculpt class a few years back. The first few classes, I had to use 2 lbs weights for my biceps and triceps. When I left, a few months later, I was able to use 15 lbs weights for my biceps and 12 lbs weights for the triceps. I think it's awesome to go into a class and not be able to do something, then when it's all over, to be able to do everything. It can seem a little frightening and intimidating at first, but in the end you are going to have a lean body!! Woo-Hoo!!! I have been looking for a dose of motivation and I think you inspired me!!!!

One thing I encourage you to do is have your husband take pics of you now then take pics when the class ends. These are for private use only, so I suggest wearing bra and underwear so you can see most of your body. It's one thing to see a weight loss on a scale and to have loose clothes, but when you look at the pics and are able to really see the results, it makes it so much gratifying!

Shay

5:30 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

When you start anything new, its bound to be hard. But....I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT! I cant wait to see that ticker at the top of the page start moving to the right! Yay!

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home