Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Thursday, January 10, 2008



How I'm Doing with my fitness kick


1) Down two pounds. Most likely water weight but it's a start, right?

2) Survived my second day of Pilates Plus yesterday. I was still sore from Monday's class but managed to make it through with only a little slacking. So that's a good thing. I am looking forward to the time when I can go to class and keep up better without having all of the sore muscles.

3) Drinking more water! At least 64 oz a day, usually around 90-100.

4) Haven't walked on the treadmill in three days. I'm blaming this one on #2 above. I am planning to get back on tonight though. Even if I am only on for 10 minutes.

5) I've quit snacking on junk. Pretty much completely. Currently, there's a bag of carrots sitting next to my water bottle. They're surprisingly filling when the munchies hit.

6) I need to work on making healthier dinners. I haven't done awful.... but could definitely do better. Hubby's fried chicken on Sunday was NOT a good start to the week. But a grilled chicken salad with (I'm thinking) low-fat roasted potatoes for dinner sounds pretty good. I need to go google a recipe....

7) One of my main goals with the healthier eating/ working out kick was to set a good example for my kiddos. It's already working. My four year old is drinking more water than ever! She even chooses water when given the choice between h20 and (watered down) juice. That's a huge step, right!??!

8) I really do feel like I am back in the groove that I was in when I lost the 18 lbs a couple years ago. It only took me 15 months after Nicholas was born to get there. But hey, better late than never, right!?!

9) I am hoping that I can keep up this groove.

10) I imagine the scale numbers going lower will probably help out with #9. Just have to patiently wait it out.... which is hard....

11) I need to go through and organize my recipes. Find the ones that are lower fat and stock up on the essentials to make them. Thinking of dinner ideas is challenging...

12) I also need to set a mini-goal and figure out a nice reward for myself...

13) I have not eaten any french fries in 2008. French fries are my total weakness. Of course, I haven't had to face the actual temptation of going to a restaurant yet...



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



2 Comments:

Blogger Sherry said...

There's so much I could write in response to this. #1-I have to remind myself that the scale might go up before it goes down. Since I am building muscle and it weighs more than fat, I expect to put on a few lbs before I lean out. But doesn't it feel great when the scale does go down? I forced myself to walk for 30 mins today. I ran for 2; not great but it's something. If you get on the treadmil for 10 minutes, good for you! You should definitely set a mini-goal for yourself. That seems like a great idea. Why didn't I think of that? How can you drink so much water? I gag thinking about it, although I must admit I was a thirsty camel today.

You're doing great! Keep up the good work!!!

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michele sent me to say keep up the good work. A positive attitude goes a long way.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home